Clipper Estates, founded in the early 1990s by developer, Stuart Black, has led a wide range of development projects across the south of England. In addition to BREEAM Excellent office development, Mast House, in Plymouth with Sir Trevor Osborne, and multiple traditional rural housing schemes, it has also put together multiple large-scale mixed use projects including: Coverdale Court, nursing home and extra care homes, Yeovil, Somerset; Quedam shopping centre, Yeovil, Somerset; Tower Park leisure centre, Poole, Dorset.
Prior to setting up Clipper Estates, Stuart worked for Grosvenor Estates in the US and Canada before returning to the UK and moving to Standard Life for whom he managed an asset portfolio of £1bn Europe-wide. He co-authored the Economics of Urban Villages in 1995 and went on to set up the low carbon development charity, Ecos Trust, under which he delivered multi-award winning Great Bow Yard in Langport, Somerset..
Clipper Development Partners
Stuart and Daniel now work closely with two developers, Ian Cox and Adrian Coots, on medium-scale mixed-use housing projects: Ralph Allen Yard in Combe Down, Bath (completed 2014), and Morlands Farm, Merriott in Somerset (under construction). Clipper Development Partners (CDP) is a pioneering partnership that develops high specification medium-scale mixed use housing projects. Ian and Adrian bring extensive experience from the volume house-building industry, and together CDP are advising on several mulit-million pound schemes in the south of England including Baltic Wharf in Totnes, Tipner in Portsmouth and Barking Riverside in London. Their Code 5 scheme in Bath, Ralph Allen Yard, is nearing completion with several other exciting projects underway. db+a provide a range of ad hoc support and are leading exploration in to a possible new venture, Clipper Custom Build (C2B).
Great Bow Yard, Clipper Estates/Ecos Homes, completed 2007
- Housing Design Awards 2006 - Exhibition of Excellence
- What House Awards 2006 - Gold Award, Best Sustainable Development
- Building for Life 2007 - Gold Standard
- RICS Awards 2008 South West - Finalist, Community Benefit
- RICS Awards 2008 South West - Winner, Building Regeneration
- RICS Awards 2008 South West - Winner, Sustainability
- RICS Awards 2008 South West - Project of The Year
- RICS National Awards 2008 - Finalist
- Somerset Building Awards 2008 - Commendation for Restoration and Conservation of a listed building
Ralph Allen Yard; due for completion Spring 2014
Moorlands Farm, Merriott, Somerset - coming soon